Is it safe to travel to Portugal after the COVID19 pandemic?
The World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) created a Global Safety Stamp of Approval to Recognize Safe Travels Protocols….and guess which country received it first?
Portugal, 1st country in Europe to receive the “Safe Travels” distinction from the WTTC.
Don’t you think that it has always been hard choosing the perfect place for the holidays? Well now, after the coronavirus pandemic, it is even harder as a new variable has to be taken into account: Health Safety.
To help travelers make an easy choice the World Travel & Tourism Council decided to create a stamp called “Safe Travels”. This allows travelers to recognize governments which have effectively adopted health and hygiene global standardized protocols, making it easier for everyone to choose their next holiday spot. Portugal is the very first country to receive this “Safe Travels” distinction from the WTTC.
Portugal goes one step further with the Clean&Safe Stamp from Turismo de Portugal
Before receiving the “Safe Travels” distinction from the WTTC, Portugal had already created its very own Safety stamp of approval to distinguish safe tourism activities within the country.
Indeed, Turismo de Portugal created a “Clean&Safe” stamp of approval to distinguish tourist activities which are compliant with hygiene and cleaning requirements for the prevention and control of COVID-19 and other possible infections.
Portugal is the 3rd safest countries in the world
Still hesitating to come to Portugal? Think no more: every year, the Institute for Economics and Peace publishes a ranking of the Safest countries in the world called the Global Peace Index.
Many criteria are taken into account, to name a few: Impact of terrorism, Likelihood of Violent Demonstrations or Political instability. In 2020, Portugal was elected the third safest country in the World, and the first one in Europe, for the second year in a row.
A safe activity to do in Lisbon: Treasures of Lisboa Food Tours
Great news! Not only is Treasures of Lisboa Food Tours ranked 1# on Tripadvisor, but it has also received the Clean & Safe distinction from the Portuguese Tourism Institute. (Turismo de Portugal). You can now enjoy 3h30 of pure happiness with our local guides taking you to small family-owned restaurants to eat and drink like a local, without worrying about the pandemic.
On our Food Tour in Lisbon, we guarantee:
– No more than 6 persons until at least the end of July 2020- except for private groups and events, should it be requested in advance by the guests.
– No shared food, only individual portions for the persons who are not travelling together.
– Our guides wear a face protection outside and inside of the restaurants and we recommend our guests to do so as well outside of the restaurants but it is not mandatory for the guests.
– Safety distance respected during outside walking and inside of the restaurants for the persons who are not travelling together.
– A lot of fun and good times, in spite of these measures, during our experience!